Invoicing an overview
An Invoice is a document issued by the business to its customer, detailing out the services and/or products sold to them. It creates an obligation for the buyer to pay. It lists the items sold, their quantities, and the amount payable for each of them. An invoice typically provides the following details:
- Details of the owner
- Details of the customer
- Taxes or discounts
- Due amount payable by the customer
Clubgro automates the entire process of invoicing, starting from a new subscription sign up, when the invoice is created, to all payments made between the merchant and buyer. Email notifications/SMS can be sent out as well, informing buyers of the transaction status.
The Invoices tab lists all the invoices that have been generated, with details of the invoice number, invoice status (Paid, Unpaid, Overdue, Void etc.), credits applied, customer details, invoice date, invoice amount, retry attempt, etc.
The Invoices tab allows you to perform the following operations:
- Filter for invoices based on customer details, invoice details such as invoice status, subscription details, transaction details, and order details
- Export/Download invoices as PDF or CSV files
- Sort the invoice list
- Email the invoice
In Clubgro, customers are billed on the same day their subscription becomes active.
Paid - Payment has been made successfully.
Overdue - Invoices which crosses the due date.
Unpaid - Payment has not been received. The invoice will be in unpaid status until the due date.
Partially Paid - Incomplete Payment has been recorded partially of the total amount to be paid.
Voided - The invoice has been canceled.
Using the Void option, you can cancel an invoice generated with incorrect details. An invoice can be voided when:
- The invoice amount is incorrect.
- The customer requests for a change in the invoice.
- The customer cancels the order.
An invoice cannot be voided if it has payments associated with it i.e Partially paid and paid invoices cannot be made void.
What is Void? When to use ?
- Void - If there was an error in a customer invoice and if you do not want to delete it, you can simply void it. The voided invoice will not be removed from the organization, hence it will not affect the invoice numbering sequence. Also, the customer cannot make payment for the voided invoice. But you can mark it as Open anytime and then your customer can pay for the invoice.